Position: Head of SEO
Elliot Haines works as Head of SEO at Hallam, a full-service digital marketing agency based in Nottingham. He heads up the SEO department managing a team of consultants that deliver industry-leading SEO strategies for a portfolio of B2B and B2C clients, ranging from SMEs to large international businesses.
Working at an agency means he has hands-on experience with all specialisms within SEO including e-commerce SEO, technical SEO, international SEO, B2B SEO, Local SEO & more. Elliot shares his knowledge with industry-leading publications such as Wordstream and does public speaking at events such as the B2B Marketing Expo London.
The 4 Pillars of SEO: Learn the Essentials for Organic Success
This workshop will guide you through the entire SEO journey, from researching keywords and technical SEO through to content marketing and link acquisition, built around the 4 pillars of SEO: Relevancy, Authority, Technology and UX. It is delivered in a jargon-free way to get you up to speed with both the basics of SEO as well as its most recent developments. The training is suitable for anyone interested in improving their understanding of SEO and ability to grow their organic reach.
- Understanding Search Engines & Keyword Research
- How search engines work
- What makes a site rank well
- The basics of keyword research
- Technical SEO
- What is technical SEO & why it is important
- Best practices for site structure & navigation
- Ensuring that search engines can understand your site
- Page speed
- Mobile-first indexing
- Structured data
- Relevancy: On Site SEO & Content
- What is on site SEO & why it is important
- On page optimisation
- How to decide what content to publish
- Content duplication & how to avoid it
- Featured snippets
- Image & video optimisation
- How to create an effective content strategy
- What is link building
- Why it is important for SEO
- What makes a good link
- Effective link building techniques
- The Future of SEO, UX & Measuring Success
- How SEO has evolved over time
- Key developments to keep an eye on
- How to measure success with Google Analytics
The main goal of the workshop if to understand the fundamentals of SEO, focusing on the key 4 pillars of SEO: Relevancy, Authority, Technology and UX, as well as pick up some more advanced tips around the future of SEO.
Early career in-house or agency SEOs.
General marketers and specialists in other digital marketing disciplines, from junior through to senior, who are looking to gain foundational knowledge of SEO or improve on their current knowledge.