Company: Risk to Live
Calandra is a UK-based entrepreneur with businesses in retail, hospitality, property investment and a tech start-up in the pipeline. Calandra is a business mentor for founders, and author of a new book that helps small business owners have a shortcut to success, so they make more money with less work.
The Visual Content Bootcamp
Creating visual content yourself, no matter how big or small your business, is the most underrated skill in the world of business today. If you don’t do this already, then this workshop will be the most worthwhile thing you do for your business in 2021.
The majority of successful business people get their hands dirty, get in front of the camera and post content themselves, think Richard Branson, Elon Musk, Arianna Huffington and Oprah Winfrey. These people have more of a following than the businesses they created, and ARE the brand. Customers and clients want to know who the person is behind the brand they are buying into.
The Visual Marketing Bootcamp is a value packed day for business owners, who want to create visual content for their business or personal brand, but don’t know where to start.
The Bootamp will be fun and interactive, I will walk and talk you through all the steps to create a wide variety of visual content for all the major platforms. You will be making and posting the content onto your social media channels during the workshop.
You will complete the day with the following finished and posted onto your social media channels:
– Instagram post using graphic design app Canva
– Instagram reel
– Instagram TV post
– Facebook Live
– YouTube Video
– Blog post on LinkedIn
Together we will work on increasing your confidence in front of the camera, basics in lighting and sound, decide on what content to post, how to pitch, and how to make your content compelling.
Visual content is a key part of Social Media, SEO, Brand Awareness, Brand Strategy, which all feed into your business being more successful.
Agenda for the Visual Content Bootcamp
- Part 1: What do you want to say?
- Your Pitch
- Content 101
- The Intention
- Part 2: Your Message
- Create a Blog post on LinkedIn
- Get Confident
- Create an Instagram Reel
- Create an IG post using graphic design app Canva
- Part 3: Live Posts
- Create an Instagram TV post
- Create a Facebook Live post
- Objective #3
- Part 4: YouTube Video
- Create your YouTube channel
- Create a YouTube video
- Design Cover image for your video
You will leave the workshop having completed and published several key pieces of visual marketing content. You will learn new skills, and the confidence to apply them to publish more video content across you social media channels, to market your business. You will also have fun!
The Visual Marketing Bootcamp is a value packed day for business owners (or anyone!) who want to create visual content for their business or personal brand, but don’t know where to start. No previous knowledge is required, however the pre-workshop preparation must be completed.
- A computer
- a phone with a working camera for filming
- a way of transferring video footage from your camera to your computer.
- Internet access.
- Create accounts for the following:
- Ideally the same name/business name for all of them, please have all your logins to hand. Change your profile picture to your picture or logo, and fill in details about your brand, contact details and websites. This part of the preparation is the most time consuming, so please have it all set-up prior to the workshop.
- We will set up a YouTube account together on the day.
- Make your appearance smart and presentable to fit with your brand, possibly a couple of different outfits (only shoulders up will be visible)
- Create your ‘studio’ for the day before the workshop begins:
- A small area with either a blank wall or attractive background
- Somewhere you can prop your phone at eye level to film yourself.
- You need much lighting as possible – bring lights from other rooms in, or a ring light if available.
- If you sell a physical product, have examples of that product.
- If you have any examples of merchandise etc., have that to hand.
Calandra Balfour is a UK-based entrepreneur with businesses in retail, hospitality, property investment and a tech start-up in the pipeline. Calandra is a business mentor for founders, and author of a new book that gives small business owners a shortcut to success, so they make more money with less work. She has learned her skills practically over the years, and implements them in her own businesses, so she knows what works!
Calandra is regular speaker at industry events and conferences, holds regular workshops in the UK, and has had her own TV show on Channel 4 (UK).